What Makes for the Best Face Sunscreen?
Choosing the best face sunscreen can be a daunting task. So many options with different benefits and ingredients. Of course the benefits of using a daily face sunscreen are reducing the risk of skin cancer, early ageing, sunburn, scarring, and hyperpigmentation. Even more frightening is a product that causes acne or break-outs after use. We’ve created a list of 6 tips to help you navigate the world of sunscreen for your face. The bottom line is, you want the product to work well, feel great, and not make you second guess your purchase.
6 Tips to Choose the Best Face Sunscreen
- Avoid Greasy, Oily Products – The last thing you want is more oil and grease on your skin. The best sunscreen for oily skin is a sheer, lightweight formula that has a clean feel. It lets your skin breathe the way it should.
- Non-Pore Blocking - Even if you do not have sensitive skin, a non-comedogenic or non-pore blocking lotion will keep your skin clear. These are face sunscreens where the molecules are smaller than the pores of your skin. The best sunscreen for sensitive skin is the one that won’t make you break out.
- Residue and Color - Have you ever put on a face sunscreen and looked like a ghost? Or on a hot day, your sweat has white beads and runs in your eyes? A quick absorbing product like those with aloe vera and a non-water soluble emulsifier will avoid the white cast and will not run down your face.
- Natural Formulas - All sunscreens have chemicals. It is the only way to safely block or disperse the sun’s harmful UV rays. However, some chemicals can be worse for you and for the environment like Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Parabens, Phthalates etc. The perfect combination for the best face sunscreen is one that works well, but has as many natural ingredients as possible. Think organic bases, natural antioxidants, and hypoallergenic products.
- Face Sunscreen, Moisturizer Combos - With so many steps in a daily skincare routine, a sunscreen/moisturizer combo can save time, steps, and money. A facial moisturizer with SPF is essential to keeping your skin hydrated and protected from the sun.
- Fragrance - Either you love it or you don’t. And even if you do love the fragrance, do you want to smell it all day long? With face sunscreens being applied so close to your nose, it’s always best to avoid fragrance in a daily sunscreen for your face.
For The Face Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 25
“Aloe Up For the Face Daily Moisturizer with SPF 25 was developed to be an integral step in your daily skincare routine. Combating skin damage associated with sun exposure and absorbs quickly, working well under make up. Our non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and fragrance-free formula is suited for all skin types. Infused with antioxidants, coconut oil, almond oil, and grapefruit seed extract to hydrate and restore natural moisture balance and is for all skin types.”
- Aloe Vera Based- Same pH as your skin so absorbs quickly and stimulates new skin cell regeneration.
- Broad Spectrum Protection- Protects skin from UVA/UVB rays that can cause sunburn and cancer
- Natural Formula- Organic Aloe Vera, Hypoallergenic, Paraben Free, Antioxidants, Fruit seed oils
- Environmentally Friendly- Reef Safe, Cruelty-Free, biodegradable, recyclable packaging.
"I swear by this face lotion!!!!! I love love love it. I purchased two bottles and will be purchasing more soon. It goes on flawless, it has a super light formula. It does everything you want a face lotion to do, and even has SPF!"-Kyra (9/8/20)
Where Should a Facial Sunscreen Go in My Skincare Routine?
- Cleanse and/or exfoliate to clean and remove dead skin cells allowing new cells to surface.
- Use toner to balance the pH of your skin.
- Use serum to target skin issues like oily or sensitive skin, aging, hyperpigmentation, texture and dullness, etc.
- Moisturize to keep your skin hydrated and fresh. Steps 4 and 5 can be combined with a sunscreen and moisturizer combo.
- Use sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays that can dry skin and cause early aging and cancer.
- Eye cream if you prefer different product to use on the more sensitive skin on your face.
- Make up as desired or needed. Foundation, blush, bronzer, etc.
Aloe Up White Collection SPF 30 Lotion Sunscreen
|Aloe Up White Collection SPF 50 Lotion Sunscreen
A higher SPF to keep your face and body extra protected from UV rays. Apply first thing in the morning and every 2 hours for best results.
|SHOP NOW||SHOP NOW|