We all know someone who forgets or doesn’t bother to wear sunscreen on the golf course. The nose, the back of their neck, the calves; something is going to turn red. That’s why the best sunscreen for golf is the one you remember to wear. 1 in 5 people will develop skin cancer in their lifetime from exposure to the sun, so like any outdoor sport, it’s important to protect your face and skin from the sun’s harmful rays while you are out on the course.
How to use sunscreen most effectively for golf
- Apply at least 30mins before the round- This allows the sunscreen to fully absorb into your skin and give you the best protection results.
- Application Areas – With sun exposure coming from all different directions while on the course, it’s important to apply sunscreen to your face, ears, neck, arms and legs. Don’t forget the nostrils, tips of the ears, and other easily forgotten areas.
- Don’t Burn, Reapply at the turn! - When you spend 3, 4, or 5 hours (if you’re Ben Crane) on the course, it’s most likely during peak sun exposure time. When you are grabbing a snack or a drink, reapply with sunscreen lotion or spray before you hit the tee box on 10.
- Keep a tube in the golf bag – As we always say, the best sunscreen is the one you have with you. You will always know where it is when you need it.
- Moisturize Afterwards – A full day in the sun can leave your skin dry. Use an Aloe Vera Gel or After Sun Lotion to keep your skin hydrated after your round. Follow these tips, and tomorrow you won’t wince from sunburn on your backswing.
"Don't Burn, Reapply at the turn"
Aloe Up is the #1 Sunscreen in Golf
Did you know Aloe Up is the preferred sunscreen product of over 70 PGA, LPGA, and Champions Tour players? Not only was it developed by an LPGA player in 1981, Aloe Up’s features make it the best sunscreen for golf.
- It’s Non-Greasy – With an aloe vera base, the skin will absorb our product faster and deeper and leave your face, body, and hands oil free. The last thing you want is to grip the club with a pair of oily mitts.
- It won’t run in your eyes – The aloe vera base combined with a Non-Water Soluble Emulsifier will keep the sunscreen absorbed in your skin and will not run in your eyes while you sweat or if you chip in on 18 and decide to celebrate with a swim in the pond.
- It absorbs quickly – Aloe vera is the same pH as your skin so our sunscreen formula absorbs quicker and deeper so it’s comfortable and quick to apply.
- It lasts a full 9 holes – Reapply at the turn and you are guaranteed sun protection for your entire round. That will let you focus on your game and not how red your skin is getting. Just because you’re in the sand bunker, doesn’t mean you need to fry like you’re at the beach.
|Aloe Up Sport SPF 30 6oz||Aloe Up Sport SPF 50 3oz|
|Our best selling sunscreen! Non-greasy, won't run in your eyes, and absorbs quick so its easy to use and reapply out on the course.||Same great formula, higher SPF! Sport sunscreens come in 1oz, 3oz, or 6oz sizes to keep in the cart, bag or anywhere convenient for easy use.|