Why can Aloe Vera help my skin health?
The aloe vera plant has been utilized for its healing properties for thousands of years. From a sunburn relief for your skin, to an immune system booster, aloe vera’s health benefits are wide and well known. The earliest date on record comes from the 16th Century BC Egyptians who wrote down their herbal knowledge of aloe on papyrus scrolls. But enough with the history lesson, we want to break down why aloe vera and an aloe vera gel can be so beneficial to your skin’s health.
The Benefits of Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera stimulates the immune system – It’s natural repairing properties trigger the body to heal affected areas. When aloe vera gel is applied to the skin, it supplements and stimulates the work your immune system is doing to repair damaged skin.
- Encourages skin cell regeneration – When you get a sunburn, your skin turns red and eventually flakes off as a defense mechanism. These skin cells that are cancerous from sun exposure self destruct to prevent the damaged DNA from reaching your body. An aloe vera gel applied to sunburn can then assist with boosting the immune cells that are rebuilding your skin layers while providing comfort to you.
- Aloe Vera is the same pH as your skin – This quality allows an aloe vera gel to absorb and penetrate your skin quickly and deeply, and is the reason it is such a great carrier for sunscreen.
- Maximizes moisture absorption – Because of aloe vera’s absorption qualities described above, it allows the skin to be more completely and thoroughly moisturized, which is exactly why an aloe vera gel or aloe vera based sunscreen lotion is non greasy and more effective. This allows the product to sit under your top layer of skin (which is shed every 24-48hrs) and in your pores, so it doesn’t feel greasy or wash off easily.
- It’s All Natural! – All these health benefits and advantages from a plant that grows right out of the ground! The uses are almost endless, but when it comes to skin health and moisturizing potential, it is a plant that is second to none.
- Aloe Vera has natural ANTI’s- Aloe Vera gel is full of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory (reducing swelling,) antibacterial, and antiseptic properties which is the reason it helps heal small cuts, scrapes, rashes, dry skin, bug bites and in some cases can relieve eczema, acne, psoriasis, and other skin conditions.
- Helps Fight Aging – Last but certainly not least, using aloe vera on your skin has many anti-aging benefits. It is chock-full of Vitamin C, E, and beta-carotene which can help prevent dry skin and increase collagen production which decrease chances for fine lines and wrinkles. Aloe vera based sunscreens can further protect your skin and body from dryness and the dangers of sun exposure.
Aloe Up Aloe Ice Sunburn Relief Jelly
Why Aloe Up uses Aloe Vera as its Main Ingredient
Over the last 35 years we have been asked the same question over and over, “why does Aloe Up work and feel so much better than other brands?” Our answer is always the same — “It’s the Aloe Vera Gel.” Most sunscreens and moisturizers are based with water or mineral oil and manufacturers may put a drop or two of aloe vera in there for marketing purposes. A drop or two won’t do the trick, you must put in at least 20% by volume, of pure aloe vera gel, to get the true benefits of aloe. Aloe Up uses at least 35%, which is the highest in the industry.
Benefits of Aloe Up Sun and Skincare Products
- 35%+ Aloe Vera gel in every product ensures all of the natural benefits of aloe are combined with our sun protection formulas to moisturize while it protects.
- Our sheer formula is comfortable and clean to wear, non-greasy, and ensures the product won’t run in your eyes.
- Our sunscreen formula offers UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum protection ensuring your skin is safe in the sun during all weather conditions.
- Water resistant for 80 mins - Aloe Vera as a carrier helps the sunscreen penetrate deeply to not wash off during water activity.
- Reef Safe! We omit reef harming chemicals like Octinoxate and Oxybenzone, never test on animals, and certify our products to be biodegradable making sure they are safe for the environment.
- Safe for sensitive skin – Our formulas are paraben free and hypoallergenic, and combined with benefits of aloe vera, are a great option for those with sensitive skin.
- All of our aloe vera plants are organically grown in the USA!
Aloe Up White Collection SPF 50 Sunscreen Lotion
With a refreshing hint of Coco-Mango fragrance, this goes on light to leave a hydrated feel to your skin
Aloe Up For the Face Daily Moisturizer SPF 25
The perfect facial moisturizer to not only hydrate and revitalize your skin, but protects the face from the suns harmful rays
Aloe Up Sport SPF 15 Lip Balm
Your lips need protection too! In Cherry, Mint, Natural, and Medicated(SPF30) formulas.